PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg Rules - LeConte Creek

Crockett
04-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I am staying in gburg tomorrow night and wondered about fishing LeConte Creek inside of gburg particularly just below Mynatt park. I have a tn combo license and a trout stamp but wondering if I need a gatlinburg daily permit to fish LeConte Creek just outside of the park. Anyone know or can anyone point me to the gburg fishing regs page I would be appreciative.

pineman19
04-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Adam,

Check out this link.

http://www.gatlinburg-tennessee.com/fishing.php

Neal

Crockett
04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
hmmm I would have been fishing up around Mynatt park above where painter branch comes in but I just read on this page that is a childrens section:

http://www.gatlinburg-tennessee.com/fishing.php

Guess I am glad I researched this I never would have thought that area was a children's section I have never seen anyone fishing it. My son will be with me maybe I can let him fish there.

Crockett
04-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks Neal I had just found the same link too. It did help cause I was apparently planning to fish in one of the childrens section lol. I always thought it was down on the lil pigeon and never realized there was a kids section on Leconte creek too.

Mundele
04-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey Adam,

I heard that you can fish just downstream of the childrens section and apparently some of those dumb stockers make their way downstream. I think that gburg has cut way back on stocking though (or so I heard).

You could fish there by the aquarium under the bridge and "strike the pose" in your waders for all of those tourists.... Just watch the ladies swoon...

Amanda would love that :)

--Matt

Crockett
04-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah Matt I am staying at the Sydney James (my Dad is staying there too) thus the allure of fishing out the back door without having to drive through gburg. I might have to walk a ways down thru private property (hotels) to fish downstream. I thought about running down to Paint creek and fishing up it that might be a good spot but not sure how big Paint creek is. It's no matter I probably shouldn't want to fish anyway just spend time with the family. I just know I will be staring at that water always happens haha.

Everytime I fish I bring Amanda stories about women wrecking their cars and such stopping to get pictures of me holding up 15" brookies and what not (not really true) but she seems to enjoy the tales.

Mundele
04-01-2011, 10:34 PM
bring the fly rod and waders. I bet that grandpa will want some quality time with Jack, and you'll want some quality time with your fly rod.

Crockett
04-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Yes Amanda just rolled her eyes when I said I was going to bushwhack downstream to paint creek behind the hotel dumpsters. I guess I should just wait till Sunday to fish and take the entire family to the brier for a picnic.