PDA

View Full Version : Weather Alert! Heavy Rain, Wind, and Lightning!

whitefeather
04-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Heavy rain, gale force winds, and heavy cloud to ground lightning are located along the frontal boundary of the weather system that is approaching Eastern Tenn. and Western NC, from western Tenn., extending between Canada and Upper New York State, down to the Gulf of Mexico.

We (S. Indiana) have had over 3 inches of rain in the last 1/2 hour. My yard is a lake like I have never seen before in 40 years, and I live on the top of a ridge. Power has been knocked out several times in the last 10 hours for extended periods of time.

Be on the alert for very rapid, flash flooding situations, high water, and deadly lightning strikes.

UPDATE! Two tornadoes reported south of Nashville, TN and one due south on the south TN borderline. Tornado warnings out for a bunch of TN counties! Also TW out for Marion county Kentucky, Pickaway county Ohio, and Itawamba county Mississippi.

Take cover and Glod Bless! Hope everyone remains safe and well during this event.

Crockett
04-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the warning Whitefeather yeah we are expecting an inch or two here I just saw. That will get April out to a heck of a start for rainfall totals. March usually averages about 5 inches of rain here in east TN but we got over 7 last month.

oldhickory
04-04-2011, 07:58 PM
5 hour power outage in Nashville! OK now.