PDA

View Full Version : Change of Plans If Park Is Closed For Camping

whitefeather
04-06-2011, 10:33 AM
If the shutdown occurs and it isn't resolved before April 20th, I think I will go down to Tellico Plains to camp and fish the Tellico, Horse Rivers, or maybe over to Big Snowbird Creek via the Skyway, and possibly to Slick Rock Creek in Joyce Kilmer.

So, Stana Claus, if you read this, and the park is shutdown (closed for camping), I of course won't be there on the date we planned to get together to do some fishing.

BUT, if by some miracle the shutdown doesn't happen I will still be coming down on the 20th. Hopefully I'll be able to find a RV campsite at Elkmont, but if not, I will be going to Crosby Creek campground.

I just love not knowing what the heck is going to happen! NOT! LOL!:biggrin:

Stana Claus
04-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Hang in there, whitefeather. Even if they do shut down there's a chance (however small it may be) that they'll resolve the impasse and get things opened back up before you get down here. But if not, the Tellico area is not a bad second option. And, if it comes to that, I'd be glad to meet up with you for an expedition up the North River or some of its tributaries depending on what you're in the mood for. Since we don't have access to Personal Messaging, send me an email to srstarkey at comcast dot net and I'll send you my cell phone number. That way we can still get together and go fishing somewhere.

David Knapp
04-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Tellico area is National Forest...not sure how a shut down would affect NF lands...

whitefeather
04-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Hang in there, whitefeather. Even if they do shut down there's a chance (however small it may be) that they'll resolve the impasse and get things opened back up before you get down here. But if not, the Tellico area is not a bad second option. And, if it comes to that, I'd be glad to meet up with you for an expedition up the North River or some of its tributaries depending on what you're in the mood for. Since we don't have access to Personal Messaging, send me an email to srstarkey at comcast dot net and I'll send you my cell phone number. That way we can still get together and go fishing somewhere.

Great Stan! Sounds like a plan to me. Hope things go as originally planned but I've fished the Tellico and North and they are outstanding.

Email forth coming!

Stana Claus
04-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Reply sent.

Stana Claus
04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Tellico area is National Forest...not sure how a shut down would affect NF lands...

There aren't any gates that I've ever seen on any of the roads through that area, so I don't know how they could close it off. Especially coming off the Cherohala Skyway at either end. There also aren't any staffed welcome centers in the CNF proper and pretty much everything else (other than possibly the Holly Flats campground and the North River campground proper) is privately owned and operated. That area should all be good to go.

whitefeather
04-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Stan,

I agree. The only thing I can think of is maybe the hatchery up river, but the fishes gotta eat too!

whitefeather
04-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Going to plan C mode! Tellico nymphs! Here fishy, fishy!