PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to this - new TFO BVK

92Esquire
04-08-2011, 07:38 AM
I saw this on Dan Blanton's board last night:

http://www.danblanton.com/viewmessage.php?id=153711

Looks like TFO is going to make the 6 wt BVK rod with full-wells grip and a fighting butt. I've got a couple of nice 8 wts for reservoir stripers and saltwater, and a few 5 wts for trout, but I've been wanting a 6 wt with a fighting butt as a bass rod for my boat. Hopefully LRO will be getting a couple of these in, I'm pretty excited to try them.

Only question left to ask is what reel goes on the rod...

ifish4wildtrout
04-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I have a 4 wt 8.5 foot BVK and I love it.

Mundele
05-15-2011, 12:07 AM
I have a 4 wt 8.5 foot BVK and I love it.

Casted one today at troutfest and it was nice... Might need to save my pennies.

Troutman
05-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Did you try the Clouser series? It is designed as a bass rod for the larger flies and for the sinking and sinktip lines we use. built to take hits in case you whack the rod with a fly and its got extra strength in the butt section. The 8wt Clouser is going to be my next rod purchase. I tried the BVK also and it was nice but didn't seem to throw a heavy fly as well. I always take a heavy clouser type fly and a larger popper when test casting the rods. It makes a difference than just casting a leader and yarn. LRO will let you do that at the shop.

Ky Tim
05-21-2011, 11:29 PM
I casted a BVK at the Derby City Fly Fishers meeting Wednesday night. I plan to have on as soon as finances permit!

yonder
05-31-2011, 03:25 PM
I have a 3 weight in the BVK series. It's a real shooter. I am taking it to yellowstone this fall. If I over line with a high quality 4 weight line, I could shoot the moon!!!!