PDA

View Full Version : In the Park this weekend...

Owl
04-14-2011, 08:23 PM
My buddy Mark and I are hosting a Utah flyfisher this weekend in the Park. We're hoping the rain tomorrow night doesn't blow out the LR, because browns are her favorite fish and I've been seeing alot of pics of some very nice ones this spring! We hope to fish the LR on Saturday. I'd rather do a Sunday run at it, but logistics and all that...we'll take what we can get. So if you see our white Mazda Tribute up there stop by and chat if you like. If there's more than one white Tribute, you'll know which one is mine. Trust me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Maybe ya'll could pray for the rain to blow through quickly and we can all wade a little easier this week! :) Look out trout! A western czech nympher is gonna learn the bow-n-arrow cast this weekend! haha

owl

Knothead
04-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Good luck! SE Tennessee is calling for rain this evening with heavy storms and rain (up to one inch) tonight. I look at www.weather.com (http://www.weather.com) just about everyday for the radar. Local stuff doesn't get too far out to show more than two or three hours ahead. Besides, it's available 24/7/365 so you don't have to wait for the weather forecast on TV or radio.

duckypaddler
04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
I'll either be in my purple single boat, or in a double red boat taking a friend's wife down whike they are camping at Elkmont. Will probably do Elkmont if water is high as my buddy doesn't get to paddle much (lives in Ohio) and I wouldn't want to scare his wife:biggrin: at the Sinks.

Considering the Little is already at 2.5 feet (good low for a canoe, kayak run down to 2.2 feet), any rain will make all but large pools almost unfishable. I remember in Ian Rutter's book he thought the Little River was still plenty fishable to 3 feet (although he knows the river better than most) if it's any consulation.

Maybe you'll get lucky and only a little rain will fall making it just enough to stir up the Browns to feed;) You can hope anyway

Sorry to be a drag,
James

Crockett
04-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Still pouring here in Maryville I swear this spring is starting to feel like 2009 again. James you are smart to be a kayaker and have something to do when the water gets blown out like this all the time ha.

duckypaddler
04-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Still pouring here in Maryville I swear this spring is starting to feel like 2009 again. James you are smart to be a kayaker and have something to do when the water gets blown out like this all the time ha.

Yeah, but with this much rain, it may even be too high to go boating:eek:

Maybe West Prong of the Little this afternoon after I see that the river is no longer rising:smile:

With the little over 5 feet, I recommend that unless you REALLY know what you are doing - Stay away from the river today. All the headwater streams will be blown out too:eek: