PDA

View Full Version : Spilling on the Clinch

MBB
04-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Is there any update on how much longer TVA will be spilling on the Clinch? Any idea when they will go back to one generator or none?

I viewed the TVA website data and it appeared that the flow will be slowly decreasing the next two days.

Wilson10
04-25-2011, 02:54 PM
I recall something say TVA would be spilling for 10 days. I don't remember exactly when they opened them up, but that 10th day is near :)

Trico
04-25-2011, 05:19 PM
I do not mean to "steal this thread" but...being a fisherman new to the clinch I was wondering how does this unusual release of water over the past few weeks effect the fishing?

Corbo
04-25-2011, 06:00 PM
I feel 10 months pregnant waiting for tailwater wading conditions to improve

ChemEAngler
04-25-2011, 06:13 PM
I do not mean to "steal this thread" but...being a fisherman new to the clinch I was wondering how does this unusual release of water over the past few weeks effect the fishing?

They did it last year too, and we had a phenomenal sulfur hatch. Unfortunately, it wasn't this late in the year if I remember correctly. Everything should be okay though.

pineman19
04-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I feel 10 months pregnant waiting for tailwater wading conditions to improve

Corbo,

Go to the Holston River, they eased off starting today.

Neal

waterwolf
04-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Everything should be fine with the fishing, they aren't spilling a ton of water right now. However that could change.

I would say the spilling will continue for a while, looking at this beast which is coming in the next few days, I don't see any way that they will back off anytime soon.

It doesn't bother me, turkey season is in, and when it ends the fish will be unmolested for me :biggrin:

Corbo
04-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks Pineman

Too bad I can't make it for a few days! Hopefully this wekend, perhaps I bump into you there..

Hugh H reports on his site that he did well recently at Nance's between generation cycles.

The Cherokee tailwater is nice and wide; reminds me of the rivers I enjoyed the most in New England. Can't wait.