PDA

View Full Version : Okay, did anybody get to meet him?

Ky Tim
05-01-2011, 07:50 PM
John Gierach's new book is about to be released and in the review it says he fished the smokeis and talks about it in the book. Did anybody see him, hear about him being here? Did he stop in LRO?

"In No Shortage of Good Days Gierach takes usfrom the Smokies in Tennessee to his home waters in Colorado, from the Canadian Maritimes to Mexico—saltwater or fresh, it’s all fishing and all irresistible."

Just curious if anybody knew about him fishing here.

GrouseMan77
05-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm interested in that one. The guy writes some really good stuff. Never heard a word about him being in town.

gmreeves
05-01-2011, 09:50 PM
I know that he has fished the area several times. He has mentioned it in other writings after talking about spending time with some cane rod makers from the TN.

mora521
05-02-2011, 05:32 AM
He wrote about fishing with the Babb brothers in the column he writes for Fly Rod and Reel magazine.The readers of that column were left with the impression that we have little trout and little mountains and lots of spider webs.

D-Drake
05-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Gierach is good friends with James Babb and I think I heard somewhere way back down the line they share a common ancestor. John has come to East TN to fish with James and Walter. As far as I know he has never stopped in at the shop.

We have 6 autographed copies of his new book on order. If you would like to reserve a copy just give me a call or email. We might be able to get some more signed copies if all 6 get spoken for.

Daniel

limestonespl
05-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I for one would like to get a copy (hardback) of his book!
Harry

BlueRaiderFan
05-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Gierach is good friends with James Babb and I think I heard somewhere way back down the line they share a common ancestor. John has come to East TN to fish with James and Walter. As far as I know he has never stopped in at the shop.

We have 6 autographed copies of his new book on order. If you would like to reserve a copy just give me a call or email. We might be able to get some more signed copies if all 6 get spoken for.

Daniel

Daniel,

How much?

BRF

flyman
05-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd rather fish with the Babb brothers:biggrin: