PDA

View Full Version : Any predictions.....

mstone
05-01-2011, 10:30 PM
My vacation starts the second week of May and the Clinch is my planned destination. I would rather not deal w two generators the whole time. Wading would be nice at least some of the week. Any of the local guys there have any idea what may happen? I don't know what the normal lake level should be, so it's hard for me to tell how much further the lake needs to come down. I may have the option to push my week off back by another week, but I am so ready to fish. Any thoughts appreciated.

Trico
05-02-2011, 10:11 AM
We were going to Troutfest and stay for a visit with relatives. I wanted to bring my driftboat and fish the Clinch. From the looks of things I wonder if the Clinch will be fit to float.

MadisonBoats
05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
It looks bad for the next 2-weeks imo...they still cannot bring the water below the 1020 line and I would expect it to be around 1010-1015 before they would let up on the flows.

waterwolf
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
It looks bad for the next 2-weeks imo...they still cannot bring the water below the 1020 line and I would expect it to be around 1010-1015 before they would let up on the flows.
Agreed, and the long range forecasts look to stay wetter then average. They are sluicing a very minimal amount of water. I guess it is due to so much water down stream that they can't pour it through as needed to get the lake down. It seems they are just trying to maintain a certain lake elevation. It also seems they are having issues with the second generator.

At this point, I would say June before it is wadeable again, but that could change if it stops raining and they run more water.

mstone
05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
That's what I was afraid of. The lake still needs to come down some. May still come up and do a float one day, but will also consider another option. Thanks for the input guys. Tightlines to all.