PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

bugg
05-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, folks, on Monday, May 9 I begin my six month temporary employment term as a fisheries technician in the Park under Steve and Matt. As a few of you may remember I helped them for about three months back in 2009 and I got to meet several members on here when they came and volunteered. I did not get hired last year due to funding issues, but this year I got it. I am really looking forward to it and hoping I continue to learn about our fishery and get to meet some more members on here throughout the season.

I will be staying at the Greenbriar Ranger Station, as half of it is a ranger station, half of it is a house. I'm not sure what kind of things we have on the schedule for this season, but I'm sure a lot will be the Lynn Camp Prong project, some will be helping grad students do some research, and who knows what else. I am told I will be working Trout Fest as well, which I am excited about, although I have no idea what I will be doing.

Anyways, as of Monday I will be on the Tennessee side of things throughout the week, so if anybody is interested in doing some evening fishing I'd say thats what I will spend most of my time doing and I'd like to make a fishing buddy or two. Drop me a line on here or look me up at Trout Fest. My name is Charlie, I'll be the good looking one (joking) working for the fisheries crew!!! haha

GrouseMan77
05-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Congrats! Pretty sure I met you over on Bunches Creek during a shocking.

bugg
05-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Congrats! Pretty sure I met you over on Bunches Creek during a shocking.

Yeah man you sure did. Hope to see you again this summer and maybe do a little fishin.

GrouseMan77
05-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah man you sure did. Hope to see you again this summer and maybe do a little fishin.

I'm sure I'll be able to help you guys out at least a couple times. Shoot me an email sometime when your going to be free to fish. Good luck.

MadisonBoats
05-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Charlie,
Remember, you are working for others now and it will be challenging to prioritize your personal passions and thoughts. Focus on doing a spectacular job!

The main suggestion I would give you is to have 2-3 goals to achieve. Similar to a [Thesis] in post-graduate work. Focus on 2-3 goals that you are passionate about and that WILL help the fisheries program. I see too many people squander an opportunity by just riding along. We need more drivers!:biggrin:

I am very excited for you and I wish you the greatest enjoyment and success. Keep us informed.

Blessings...
SM

Grannyknot
05-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Congrats Bugg.
That sounds like an awesome opportunity.
See you on the water.
-Cody

bugg
05-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys for the replies.

The main suggestion I would give you is to have 2-3 goals to achieve. Similar to a [Thesis] in post-graduate work. Focus on 2-3 goals that you are passionate about and that WILL help the fisheries program. I see too many people squander an opportunity by just riding along. We need more drivers!:biggrin:

This is good advice and I will take it seriously. I will put some thought into this and try to make the most of this opportunity.

Corbo
05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Best of luck finding a pool at Greenbriar without a bunch of kids splashing in it this summer..... or a large woman in black bikini soaking in the cool waters... this was my experience every time I made it to Greenbriar last summer.

Hope you can put your enthusiasm to good use!

JoeFred
05-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I wish the best for you, Charlie.

Enjoy your time fishing. Just leave a some Porters Creek 'bows and Buck Fork specks for the rest of us, okay? :smile:

See you at TF.

JF

GrouseMan77
05-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Best of luck finding a pool at Greenbriar without a bunch of kids splashing in it this summer..... or a large woman in black bikini soaking in the cool waters... this was my experience every time I made it to Greenbriar last summer.

The fishing is always terrible up around the Greenbriar in the summer. Complete waste of time. I wouldn't be caught dead up there. :rolleyes:
Seriously, waste of time.

bugg
05-05-2011, 08:43 PM
The fishing is always terrible up around the Greenbriar in the summer. Complete waste of time. I wouldn't be caught dead up there. :rolleyes:
Seriously, waste of time.

Haha, thats what my two legs are for, getting away from those people. But just because I am staying there, don't think I won't be exploring some other watersheds as well. Being from NC, I haven't fished near as much of the TN waters as I would like to, so hopefully this will help me change that.

And thanks to the others for their replies. See ya'll soon!