PDA

View Full Version : Slime chance, but I lost a watch at Eagle

ifish4wildtrout
05-05-2011, 12:18 PM
If anyone should happen to find an inexpensive Timex digital watch at Eagle, I lost one there. I lost it a mile or less above #89, but it could have washed downstream anywhere.

I am sure it's long gone, but I figured I would mention it. Thanks.

Here's a pic of the back side of it.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/fourcats714/049.jpg

Rog 1
05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Just never know....found one of those fake ""Rolex" watches midstream in Walker's Camp Prong 3-4 years ago....kind of got the heart pumping there for a minute...have found some crazy things in the water over the years...will keep my fingers crossed for you...

Corbo
05-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Seems the Park is where everyone seems to lose stuff.

About the only thing I ever find (and take home) while fly fishing is trash, litter and empty worm containers.

TNBigBore
05-05-2011, 05:19 PM
You never know. I found a key chain with about 25 keys in Abrams Creek years ago. I was about halfway between the lake and the ranger station fishing for smallmouth. If the owner had posted them lost at the ranger station he would have gotten his keys back. As it was, I am sure he had to have 25 keys recut.

bmc
05-05-2011, 09:37 PM
I'll either be at Eagle or Forney next weekend; and if we go to Eagle, I'll keep my eyes peeled for yours as well as my inexpensive Timex I lost at the mouth of Pinnacle Creek. How was the fishing? How far did you make it up? I like the bend just upstream from the ford to CS 96.

GrouseMan77
05-05-2011, 10:15 PM
If you don't get it back I think the board should take up an offering for you to get the same model. That watch was in a bunch of fish pictures. Sorry for your loss.

cubefisher
05-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Hey! Sorry about the watch! How did the rest of the trip pan out? We hated to leave Sunday. We didn't fish any on the way out. One of the guys wet a line once we got back to #90 while we waited on the boat. He spooked a few and got a couple of strikes, but nothing to hand.

Send me a pm with your email address, and I'll shoot you a link to some of the pictures. Thanks to you and Rex for showing us how to cook those guys up. I'm fired up to plan another backcountry trip.

buzzmcmanus
05-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Too bad about your watch, but that model has a way of finding home. I was bowhunting in Hawkins County about 5 years ago. We were just sleeping in an old barn, and at the end of the day, I took mine off and set it on the cooler with my wallet and knife. In the morning, the watch was gone. The next year, while cleaning out an area of the barn to make a better sleeping area, I found it under a big pile of junk. I'd bought a replacement for it, but it felt good to have my old watch back. Still wear it today.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/buzzmcmanus/Fishing/DSCN9263.jpg

ifish4wildtrout
05-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Yep, that watch and I have caught a lot of fish together, but I have already bought a replacement. Cubefisher, we enjoyed meeting you and your friends. Great group of guys. My email is possessedcorvette at gmail dot com.

cubefisher
05-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Hey...shot you an email.

ifish4wildtrout
05-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I just read it and looked at the pics. Awesome, thanks for the link.