PDA

View Full Version : how high is high?

flyguys
05-20-2011, 07:54 PM
My family and I will be coming out in mid june. Staying between pigeon forge and gatlinburg. When it comes to areas to fish, how high should we go? A lot probably is based how the temps are nrunning that time of year. Is between metcalf and elkmont still good that time of year? Should we go above elkmont? How about Greenbriar up Porters creek? Any and all advice will be appreciated. We hope everyone is having a good spring season of fishing and enjoying the outdoors.

JoeFred
05-21-2011, 12:59 AM
In June, how high to go will be more about avoiding congestion and noise, and less about water temps.

I recommend fishing above Elkmont over fishing between Metcalf Bottoms and Elkmont.
http://www.smokystreams.com/mbpics/thread15209_pic1.jpg
In the Greenbrier area of the park, if you have to choose one over the other... For the better fishing ('bows/specks), I recommend Middle Prong LPR over Porters Creek. For general overall fun for the family (scenery, history) and some decent 'bow fishing, Porters Creek.
http://www.smokystreams.com/mbpics/thread15209_pic2.jpg

flyguys
05-21-2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks Joefred! I'm sure the info will come in handy. Thanks again. p.s. I plan on picking up some of your maps while we are out there. I could spend hours looking and plotting my next move. You've done a great job with tons of info on those maps! Thanks again. flyguys

fourx
05-21-2011, 08:34 AM
I think JoeFred's reply sums up what this board is all about.

4X

JoeFred
05-21-2011, 09:06 AM
...I plan on picking up some of your maps while we are out there...flyguys

Thanks, flyguys. Sadly, at least now, we've had to cease distribution. In a a week or so I plan to have a new "Elkmont" set done. I'd like to provide you a copy. If interested cast a message at info@saintclairmapping.com .

I think JoeFred's reply sums up what this board is all about.

4X
We all do what we can, 4x. There is whole lot we can do to unlock the secrets of the Smokies, with sharing nothing approaching revealing honey holes. Thanks.