PDA

View Full Version : How long does the sulfur hatch on the Clinch last?

MBB
05-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Does the sulfur hatch last on the Clinch until late June?

ChemEAngler
05-27-2011, 08:42 AM

Usually until the last week of May, so it is basically over now.... :smile:

Depends on the year and area of river. I can only speak to the lower section. Two years ago, it dwindled down in late June, but last year I still had sulfurs coming off in late July.....

Rodonthefly
05-27-2011, 10:13 AM

Sulfurs don't hatch on the Clinch they hatch on the SoHo :biggrin:

rbreedi1
05-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Sulfurs don't hatch on the Clinch they hatch on the SoHo :biggrin:

x 2 :cool:

BIGBR
05-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Am I missing the joke or are you realy saying there is no sulfur hatch on the Clinch?

waterwolf
05-27-2011, 09:51 PM
I have seen them last well into July, and I have seen them over by mid June. Never can tell.

Sure it is fun, but there comes a time when fishing is actually much more difficult with them around versus times when the fish are keyed on midges. Just my humble opinion.

MadisonBoats
05-27-2011, 10:15 PM
I have found them up in to October and I have a nice picture of one on my Facebook page. I fished the lower end this morning for about an hour and there was a minimal release of nymphs due to the clouds. In normal conditions; I would expect them to hatch consistently in to the middle of June. However; I think this year will be a late season because of the extended high water levels. I would not be surprised to see them sporadically in July.

Anyhow; catching them on a dry will work in our favor once the concentration thins out.

mstone
05-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Sure would like to see the sulphurs for a little while longer. Nice hatch today with the fish getting after them good for about an hour and a half. Caught five in a row in the slot today in a short time, then things slowed and the better fish seemed to dissapear. Lots of folks catching smaller fish on nymphs.

rbreedi1
05-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Was there this morning/afternoon as well. Caught several on nymphs and broke one off on an emerger pattern.