PDA

View Full Version : sage

billyspey
06-04-2011, 06:59 AM
sage to discontinues z axis rods whats next ?

Grumpy
06-04-2011, 08:05 AM
sage to discontinues z axis rods whats next ?

ZZ:biggrin:, gonna blow your top:cool:

Grumpy

flyred06
06-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I am a huge fan of t he zaxis. I really wish they was not discontinuing this rod. Does anyone know why they are?

billyspey
06-05-2011, 06:47 AM
New and improved like Tide, they never keep a rod in line up 10 yrs., the new resins [lighter and stronger] on the market i think is driving the bus

waterwolf
06-05-2011, 06:52 AM
That is a disappointment for sure. However, knowing sage intricately they will have something better to take it's place. It will be hard to beat the Z-axis, as I feel it was the best rod they made since the SP's.

DarrinG
06-05-2011, 11:15 AM
It's about the dollar. Gotta come out with something new and promote it big-time. I agree the Z-Axis is a fine rod. I like them myself. Sage would do themselves good to go back to making the RPL (not the + or Xi, but the RPL) and keep the Z-Axis line too.
When something's good, you know it's gonna change soon!

waterwolf
06-05-2011, 10:18 PM
It's about the dollar. Gotta come out with something new and promote it big-time. I agree the Z-Axis is a fine rod. I like them myself. Sage would do themselves good to go back to making the RPL (not the + or Xi, but the RPL) and keep the Z-Axis line too.
When something's good, you know it's gonna change soon!

No offense meant, and to each their own, but the RPL was a heavy unresponsive clunker of a rod which used very archaic graphite in it's construction. Any of the rod series since then have been dramatically better IMO. The XP's were revolutionary, and the Z-axis took that to a whole new level. The new VXP series is the same XP taper, only using a newer graphite, and they are pretty freaking phenomenal rods.

I think you are one of the few I have ever heard say they still love the RPL blank. However, we all have different casting styles and preferences, and if it fits you then by all means it isn't my place to judge.

flyred06
06-05-2011, 10:19 PM
When will they completely stop production on them and when will the new rods come out to the shops. I personally cannot imagine a better rod than the z axis. Of course people said the same about the LL and the rpl.

DarrinG
06-05-2011, 11:00 PM
No offense meant, and to each their own,

Exactly. No offense meant in return, but the RPL series is, IMO, the rods that put Sage on the map (along with the LL's). My RPL's are anything but "clunky". 3.0 oz for my 6wt and has a very well-balanced "feel" with enough power in reserve to dump the whole line if needed, and I'm not that good of a caster. Then again, like you said, it isnt my place to judge, so I wont degrade your tastes in rods....:^)

billyspey
06-06-2011, 05:31 AM
not in production now i was told