PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Video [Trout/Gar-Clinch River, TN]

MadisonBoats
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Underwater Video [Trout/Gar-Clinch River, TN]
I shot this in a 3-4' deep pool this week and thought I would share. I still have hours of video to go through. This is a short and simple clip. Sorry for the quality issues. I have been linking to FB for my videos and it seems to not link as well as YouTube.

Updated Link: 06/06/11 to YouTube for better quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB015wQUdIY

FishNHunt
06-04-2011, 06:30 PM
That is really cool. Have you ever captured a hook up on film yet? I have wanted to use one of them under water cameras and put it down in some of these deep clear mountain lakes to see just what all is down there.

Corbo
06-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Love your video.... are you certain that was a gar? It sorta looks like a MUSKY to me!

It's incredible how many trout are in this very short clip of video; seems the Clinch has a high density of fish in some spots and you know where they are for certain!

The fish seem to be traveling a lot; is this common? My thought is that river trout seem to "hover" in an area an not swim around so much.... my misconception I suppose.

WICKED COOL!

Wanted to fish today but way too sore after a hard weeks work in the heat.... when I was younger everyone told me working all day and fishing every day after work would catch up with me.... it did a few years ago. I admire you guys that have the energy to go fishing in this heat.

Stana Claus
06-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Cool video. Definitely a gar - the snout is too long, the body too thin, and the fins too far back towards the tail to be anything but. And I agree, that sure seemed like a lot of very mobile trout in a small amount of space. Of course, the presence of the gar may account for some of their movement. Did you notice how agitated they seemed?

milligan trout degree
06-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I noticed the same, those trout were on high alert. Really cool video.

MadisonBoats
06-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Yeah, that was a Gar. But the Muskie are just a bit down the road in Melton Hill.

My take on the trout:
I believe they were recently stocked fish and they seemed to follow a roaming pattern. That behavior usually changes once the food level becomes more scarce. There was one larger fish in the group that had an apparent Blue Heron or other scavenger wound on its tail. They seemed to follow its cue in movement.

Also, I had to temporarily spook this hole in placing the camera. Believe it or not; they resettled within a minute or two back in the same area. I will post some more footage once I clean up the quality and edit it. I do have some fish taking nymphs on video.

rbreedi1
06-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Cool video, thanks for sharing

DarrinG
06-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Any way to see the video without being a Facebook member?

MadisonBoats
06-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Any way to see the video without being a Facebook member?

DarrinG,
Try the YouTube Link. I think the quality is much better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB015wQUdIY

JoeFred
06-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Great work, Shawn! Thanks

tnh2owader
06-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Great video Shawn. Very interesting, we appreciate your efforts.
I'm sure that takes allot more effort than we know.
I applaude you for all your efforts.:smile: