PDA

View Full Version : Bear in the 'Burbs!

Knothead
07-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Since the forum doesn't have a Miscellaneous category, I'll use this category. There have been a number of threads on bears so I thought I would share this story. My daugher and her family live south of Cleveland just off APD 40 (US 64/74/TN 311). For two days, they had a bear hanging around the subdivision! Once they watched the bear from their dining room window as it sauntered up the street. Upon checking with the wildlife officer, there were traps set in that general area. One doesn't have to go to the wilderness to see a bear! I wonder how many bears we don't see around here. If I had been thinking, I should have taken some pictures.:frown:

muskrat
07-15-2011, 03:47 PM
The only bear we saw last June was running down the sidewalk in Gatlinburg across the street from our motel.

MBB
07-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Interesting stories!

Rog 1
07-26-2011, 09:57 AM
And it doesn't have to be in the mountains...I live in Tallahassee, Florida and several years ago we had a bear walking through the back yards of a neighborhood only two miles from the capitol building

JoeFred
07-26-2011, 12:18 PM
A bear that spent three weeks roaming Cocke County, TN with a large plastic jar stuck over its head has been released 85 pounds lighter but otherwise good to go. My brother, who is trying to lose weight, wondered were he could get one of those jars.:smile: See Field & Stream blog (http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2011/07/tennessee-black-bear-freed-jar-stuck-head)

ukfb1
07-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Its amazing how develpoment has taken its toll or is it over population? Live in the city limits of Ashand KY and we have had black bear, red fox, cayote and the other small animals visit during the night.