PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

tntom
07-24-2011, 03:58 PM
I need some directions from the turn around at Treemont where you park your car to SAM's Creek

duckypaddler
07-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Cross bridge. Immediately bare right and follow for a few hundred yards then go over steel beam bridge. Continue on trail accross Long Branch and Thunderhead stream crossing. Continue through boggy area straight past old railbed doing an 180 (hog sign) then follow along grade next to Sam's (first time you will be close) and continue where the trail looks to be in a high water creek bed where trail crossing Sam's creek proper several hundred yards later.

From there just look for my clipped rhodo if you lose the trail

tntom
07-25-2011, 01:11 AM
duckypaddler how far is the first bridge? The one you immediately take the right after.

JoeFred
07-25-2011, 06:08 AM
tntom, the first bridge, which crosses Lynn Camp Prong, is less than 100 yards beyond the turnaround/parking area.

duckypaddler
07-25-2011, 08:02 AM
duckypaddler how far is the first bridge? The one you immediately take the right after.

If you park at thr tippy top of the parking lot you will be within 50 feet of it. Just like Joe Fred said it crosses Lynn Camp. Main trail is a road and other trail immediately bares right. It's about 45 minutes hike

tntom
07-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the help.
Tom

NDuncan
07-25-2011, 01:54 PM
If you don't have one, get a map such as JoeFred's LR map, it shows the trail and topo of the area and could be very helpful if you get turned around. The long branch crossing is when you basically walk down into a small muddy gully that is about 10-15' across and may or may not have much water running through it. When you cross thunderhead the second time (the first time is across the metal foot bridge), it may take you a minute or two to find the trail on the other side, because I remember the first time I went this way it being a little difficult to spot at first. But, after you find it, the rest is pretty much a breeze.

Knothead
07-25-2011, 07:31 PM
I helped with our TU council trout camp in June. The young fellow I was with caught and released 6 brookies in about two hours. One of the campers C&R'ed one that was about 8 inches long. Good Luck! Beautiful country and good fishing. I'm planning on going back up there when it's a bit cooler.