PDA

View Full Version : CS 23 this weekend

Mundele
08-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm heading up to CS23 for a two-nighter this weekend. Crockett from this forum will also be there for the first night of the trip. I found out it's full (or nearly so) both nights. Curious if anyone else on the forum is planning on fishing up there...

--Matt

tnflyfisher
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Not this weekend but possibly here in the next few weeks. I have only fished up there on day trips but have been looking into staying overnight. Let us know how you do... I saw a recent report where the fishing sounded pretty good however, I know things change from day to day. One thing that doesn't change is that I always love looking at fish pics, so make sure to post some... ;)

Tight Lines,

benintenn
08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I was up there recently. Its good stuff. Lots of water to explore. Have a great trip!

Mundele
08-04-2011, 12:04 AM
We will! I'm ready to go now. (well all but packing and tying a couple more flies)

--Matt

Mundele
08-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Crockett and I had a real nice time up at #23 on Friday/Saturday. Saw a positively huge rattlesnake on the trail between the little river trail and "goshen gate bridge". I counted 11 segments on its rattle and its body had some girth. Almost stepping on that monster is enough to get the adrenaline flowing...

We fished quite a bit up there near #23 and I ended up catching a mix of brookies and bows, with a single brown trout as well making it my first "Smokies Slam".

--Matt

duckypaddler
08-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Congrats on the slam:biggrin:

With as much fishing as I do, I've still yet to get the slam:frown:

I've got 2 nights next weekend at 47 and can't wait:biggrin:

tnflyfisher
08-09-2011, 05:02 PM
We fished quite a bit up there near #23 and I ended up catching a mix of brookies and bows, with a single brown trout as well making it my first "Smokies Slam". --Matt

Any size to the fish? Last time I was up there I fished like crazy and couldn't muster much in terms of size... all were fairly small. Of course, I lost the biggest fish I had on... :rolleyes:

I've got 2 nights next weekend at 47 and can't wait:biggrin:

Now, that sounds like fun!! ;)

Tight Lines,