PDA

View Full Version : Trip planning

donwinn
08-10-2011, 04:41 PM
I am planning a two week trip through Arizona, southern Utah, southern Colorado, and nothern New Mexico. I need some suggestions for small stream fishing in these areas.

Thanks for your help.

tennswede
08-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Rio Costilla in Valle Vidal Northern NM. Rio Hondo outside of Taos Ski Valley in NM.

flyman
08-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Glad to hear you finally got the ankle bracelet off.:biggrin:

donwinn
08-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Flyman,

I was trying to cut the bracelet and attach it to my dog. Now, I have to devise a new plan.

David Knapp
08-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Not sure what parts of Arizona you are looking at but a huge area was destroyed by fire earlier this summer in the White Mountains. I like the headwaters of the San Juan and really you can't go wrong with most bluelines in southwest Colorado...

If you are interested in getting off the beaten path and into some remote areas, shoot me an email and I can fill you in a little more on Arizona. Spent some time out there and fished a lot of places...

Knothead
08-12-2011, 03:00 PM
It would be easier if you would take me so I could show you. :D
My vote would be for the SJ.

fearnofishbob
08-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I just returned from Gunnison Co. and the following are the streams we fished. Cochetopa...excellent for browns and rainbows, Spring creek ... great for rainbows browns and brooks.... , Ceballo...Browns and brooks, Cedar....rainbows primarily.
If you will email me I'll return an email with more detailed info...we were there for 10 days.......hope you enjoy your trip....Bob @ fearnofishbob@att.net