PDA

View Full Version : Roaring Fork

nvr2L8
08-14-2011, 10:05 PM
A special shout-out to Barbara. I finally fished Roaring Fork recently, due in large part to your reports on that stream. I had a great day and will definitely be going back. Way more water there than can be covered well in a day. Thanks again for the repeated encouragement through your reports to try this great stream.

Barbara
09-29-2011, 09:32 PM
I missed your post last month. So glad you liked Roaring Fork! I have so much fun there. It was especially beautiful this spring. :smile:

nvr2L8
09-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I have to go back when the water is not so high; there had been a storm across the mountains that morning that dumped a ton of water on LeConte. Looking forward to a return trip when I can explore some more territory. Thanks again.

Rog 1
10-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I have to go back when the water is not so high; there had been a storm across the mountains that morning that dumped a ton of water on LeConte. Looking forward to a return trip when I can explore some more territory. Thanks again.

My buddy and I were in the Park last week on our annual camping/fishing/drinking/lying adventure....fished the lower end of Roaring Fork from the last pull out up to the first bridge...the water is fairly low and the climbing is easier....there are still a couple of places where you have to make like a goat to get around some big rocks...the fishing was the best its been in years...fished a neversink yellow caddis on my Orvis one ounce and had a blast...