PDA

View Full Version : Middle prong evening

Redfish62
09-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Long time no post.
Got off work this evening and made a dash for the middle pong. Stopped about a 2 miles up the pong got on the water about 6:00, almost no cars, no sigh of anyone else fishing. dropped my own yellow elk hair pattern on the water and the bows were wating for me. Missed several landed a few. caught 2 very suprising fat agresive bows that were easy 10 inchers I was suprised. about 7:30 the fish quit hitting, well the painted warrers were still nipping. Hopped in my truck left smiling it's been along time from the last time I have had such a pleasant evening. Just had to sare it.:biggrin:

fearnofishbob
09-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Sounds like you had a very pleasant afternoon, I do the same thing from time to time and it sure is a relaxing way to spend some time.........do it again !!

tnflyfisher
09-15-2011, 10:22 AM
I fished the MP on Saturday and experienced the same thing. The bows I saw were looking good! Caught several decent fish but unfortunately I also had several quick looks and refusals by some larger than expected fish that I never got to see up close... :frown:

The highlight of the day was when a nice bow came rocketing up out of the water in an attempt to take my fly as I was trying to lay it down right in the seam ... even though I didn't get him either, I still love it when they do that!

Tight Lines,

Redfish62
09-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Yea I missed a few they were coming after fly fast. figured I was dragging the fly but it may have been a little more than that.