PDA

View Full Version : Ketchum Idaho

mstone
09-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Just a short report from the area around the Ketchum area. Started the week fishing outside of Stanley up in the Bear River Valley. Nice cutthroat stream. Probably the best solitude fishing experience I have ever had. Saw no one fishing. Some of my best cutthroats ever from here, on hoppers. Fished the Salmon river one day with little success.Caught numerous rainbows on Valley creek, though small. The Big Wood is fishing well, hoppers and various mayfly patterns. Went to the Big Lost yesterday and caught a few nice rainbows on tricos and bwo's. Saw lots of good fish here, though most were inactive. Going to spend the day today on the Big Wood again. May wander down to Silver Creek this evening. Tomorrow, more of the same and some time at the gun club here.Beretta is in town to demo their line of guns and I'll see how bad I do on the skeet range. The weather has been great, 40's and 70's, though tomorrow brings cooler and rain. Will report the remainder of the trip later.Pictures will be even slower to come......

mstone
09-20-2011, 10:03 PM
After a few more good days on the Big Wood river, it slowed a little. Still had lots of fun, a really neat place to spend some time fishing and not much else. Idaho has tons of public land and the people there respect it very much. As much as I walked and drove, I never hardly saw a piece of trash....ever. You never saw piles of plastic washed up in piles like you would here most anywhere. Hope to get back here in the future, I bet it doesn't change much.

Streamhound
09-21-2011, 03:46 PM
looking forward to photos