PDA

View Full Version : Stocking Activity?

Fishstu
09-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Plan to be in the GSMNP the first week in October, and wonder whether "Mother Nature" has started 'stocking' the streams and rivers with falling fall foilage or is that not expected to begin in earnest for a few weeks?

Thanks

FishStu

Here's hoping the trout are hungry and non-fictional!

fearnofishbob
09-21-2011, 08:01 PM
A few are fallin'.......It will get the heaviest in about a month, depending on weather , leaves aren't usuall a problem this early........luck to you !!

Younger Tom
09-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Very light stocking has begun (at least in NC), especially above 3000 feet. It is not yet problematic, but I did catch a few leaves today (that weren't attached to trees). Fall is clearly approaching.

Fishstu
09-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Thank you.

Do not recall ever trying a terrestrial in the Park, but this trip in early Oct. may be different - - ants? beetles? suggested pattern for either / both?

For me, if it's a trout, it's catch-and-release; if it's a leaf, catch-and-toss-up-on-the-bank (let it fend for itself). I have no problem, and take no issue, with those who may subscribe to different philosophy - - jus' haven't found a good 'recipe' for the leaves that seem to be attracted by magnetic force to the hook in the Fall.

Again, thanks - -
FishStu

fearnofishbob
09-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Greenie and white winnie should both be effective this fall. You might also try the barby bug. I caught some nice bows and browns on it last fall in Little River.....goodluck !!