PDA

View Full Version : Fishing picked up saturday afternoon

Redfish62
09-25-2011, 03:15 PM
My son and I stopped by little river Saturday morning and picked a a couple of leaders on our way to the mountains. Danneil told me about the fishing being great in the morning but the sun had shut it down. No supprise there. Hunter and I did a little hiking, traffic was crazy! Got held up by a bear jam. I don't quite understand all the people that will not at least step out of there cars for a moment to enjoy the wild life. Any way we were up at new found gap when I came across a pull out stream side between chimney tops trail head and Alum cave trail head with no cars and dicided to check on the fish. Dispite the constand noise of cars and motorcycle rushing buy in a hurry to go some where un-know it was very nice the steam was clear and cold. Started out with my stand by elk hair and started getting action. Bows were a little shy but hungry. Dopped my little cadis behind a rock and felt like my eyes were fulling me a large fish took a good look but did not take it. Grabbed a copper john off my vest because it was the first thing I saw and let drift around behind the rock and the fish took it, a solid 11 in bow it was great. Hunter and I fished till we were numb from our knees down from wet wading. Fishing was better than expected and we only saw one other fly fisherman Saturday. Just wish I had remimbered my camera but that's OK. But if you go to the mountains please slow down and enjoy the view a little, felt like I was on the instate highway yesterday.

Knik
09-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Redfish, glad you guys got out and had fun, 11" is a dandy that high up. ;)

Bran
09-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Glad you had some luck! I also caught a nice bow at that spot back in Springtime and my wife caught her first flyrod Trout there.
I am with you all the way on the traffic, I get absolutley sick of being pushed every time I drive through the mountains. Everyone is in way too much of a hurry nowadays everywhere you go, but, for Pete's sake, slow down in the park and even if you're miserable let others enjoy it without feeling like you're gonna run over us.