PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found

Barbara
09-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Found a youth size fly vest yesterday below Elkmont campground. It is a White River size 10-12. I hate to think some youngster lost it. Any suggestions on how to locate owner? No ID in pockets.

MadisonBoats
09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Barbara,
I hate to hear of a kid losing his vest. Anyhow; it is very kind of you to try and find the owner. I doubt you will locate the owner; but, it is worth trying in my opinion. Send Byron an email at LRO and see if he remembers a young child coming in the show around that time frame.

I try to remind people to put mailing labels or to put their phone numbers on anything they might want back. By the way; I found another spinning rod on the river today. I think it is my sixth for the year.

Again; props to you for trying to be a good citizen and kind person!

Barbara
09-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Thank you for the kind words. I sent the email as you suggested. I stopped by the office at Elkmont campground and left my #. No one had reported they lost a vest.

Let the message board know when you have a yard sale. With 6 rods, some of us might show up! ;)

MadisonBoats
09-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Oh; you would not believe the anchors I have found...:eek:

kentuckytroutbum
09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Shawn-

By now you've got one heck of a collection of fishing rods. What are you going to do with them all? Just kidding.

Bill

MadisonBoats
09-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Shawn-

By now you've got one heck of a collection of fishing rods. What are you going to do with them all? Just kidding.

Bill

Bill,
Believe it or not; I share them with fishing newbies and give others away to people I feel could use them. Most of them go to teenagers and young kids that have limited means of buying them. I do try and get them back to the owners first-but, that rarely happens without having any ID on them.