PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick help for tomorrow

Teddyp
10-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Hey everyone! Need some quick suggestions from anyone who can help on this question. My wife actually said she wants to go fishing with me tomorrow. This happens about once or twice a year, and has some caveats that go along with it. She doesn't want to get up early like I do, she wants to pack a lunch, etc. But fishing, is better than no fishing.

I need some suggestions on where to take her and anything is on the table. She grew up in Vermont fishing wide open streams around New England with her dad, and she always has trouble with our smaller streams and overhang. She needs some backcasting room.

I'd also like to see her actually catch a fish:smile: , as our previous outings have resulted in her having a poor guide....me.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks y'all!

narcodog
10-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Why don't you take her to the Davidson or N. Mills since you live in Asheville. Or you can spend some bucks and take her to the Reservation.

Teddyp
10-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Even she hates the D! We are going in the direction of Waynesville/GSMNP. Ever fished the Tuck? I was wondering about the DH section of that?

JoeFred
10-14-2011, 10:16 AM
The Tuck in Dillsboro looked good to me last week, but the guys at the TU Chapter meeting spoke of how low water was in general over there. Hopefully they got some of the rain we got here the last 48 hrs. If you can, consider dropping by Hookers Fly Shop, 546 W. Main, Sylva and see what Jason recommends.

Good luck!

narcodog
10-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Well then check out the east fork of the Pigeon. Or drive up to Cataloochee.

Teddyp
10-14-2011, 04:38 PM
East fork of the Pigeon could be a good bet. May go with that or the tuck as i see they aren't generating. We also "have" to go to Waynesville so...

Thanks for the suggestions!