PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Worriors on the hiwassee

Paddlefish
10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
A group of wounded worriors were hosted by local businesses and fishermen on the Hiwassee this weekend. They were lodged and guided for two days and caught a ton of fish. They were also taught to flyfish while they were with us, and by the end of their trip they were catching a lot of fish on flies. We also had two cookouts where everyone had time to unwind and get to know each other. It's hard to express what a good feeling you get when you get to know these guys and let them know how much they are appreciated. If anyone here ever gets an oppertunity to help with a WW project in your area, by all means jump at it.

Grumpy
10-23-2011, 10:37 PM
We ran 3 boats on the Caney yesterday & the other folks walked in with those more able, a fun day for sure & a good cause.
They had 2 big dinners & a breakfast, not sure what they did today, i had to get back to the house after the trip.
I'll second the "get involved" worth every minute of your time.
I'd like to thank the guys/gals at MiddleTNFlyFishers for all the hard work they do with the Wonded Warriors, Healing Waters & Operation Stand Down & allowing a grumpy old fart like me to be involved as well

Grumpy

Knik
10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Hats off to all that support events of this nature, what a great way to give back to our troops.

My own nephew just got back from Afghanistan one week ago today, talked to him Sat.( 21st B-day) and could tell he is trying to adjust. Can't imagine what all he has witnessed and gone through at such a young age.

Again, big thumbs up to you guys and all that have served!!!