PDA

View Full Version : Cold November Fishing

got2fish
11-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Can I get an opinion on where the fishing is good this time of year-besides the Little River? I don't mind if it's the TN side or the NC side? Is it too cold to fish along 441 going from Gatlinburg to New Found Gap?

pineman19
11-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Can I get an opinion on where the fishing is good this time of year-besides the Little River? I don't mind if it's the TN side or the NC side? Is it too cold to fish along 441 going from Gatlinburg to New Found Gap?

got2fish,

I would also consider Tremont (Middle Prong Little River). The WPLP along Newfound Gap would be pretty cold IMO, never fished it this late in the year, but I would focus on lower elevation waters. On the NC side, you may want to consider the Oconaluftee's lower stretches since is has a decent amount of Browns, or Bradley Fork in the Smokemont Campground. Things will be slower, I would fish nymphs, etc. unless somehow you see some surface action.

Good luck,

Neal

troutdawg
11-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Abram's creek may be a good choice.

got2fish
11-10-2011, 11:36 PM
So, I guess little brookies are out of the question...

fishhead
11-11-2011, 09:53 AM
mountain specs are never out of the question regardless of time of year. I don't advocate fishing for spawning fish but these fish will take a fly all year long...if fished correctly.
fishhead

got2fish
11-11-2011, 10:15 AM
I did not realize they were spawning at this time of year... I will DEFINITELY leave those gorgeous creatures alone!!!

No Hackle
11-11-2011, 10:45 AM
If you get up there when the fish are mostly through spawning, you can have a great time. Just avoid any small gravel no matter where it is. They'll be very hungery.
Lynn