PDA

View Full Version : Big creek vs. Road prong

AJWard549
11-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Planning a day trip this weekend, of these two streams - which would you choose? I've actually never been to either one of these streams, but have been looking to try something new.

tjw37909
11-29-2011, 03:13 AM
With the water being high(assuming it will still be a little high by then) I would go west prong. Big creek is a much rougher area to wade than most of the west prong. There is a chance of a brown on lower big creek though. I didn't believe the locals there until I caught one at the park entrance this spring.

duckypaddler
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Planning a day trip this weekend, of these two streams - which would you choose? I've actually never been to either one of these streams, but have been looking to try something new.

Fishing this time of year is questionable at best. While it took a while for the mountains to finally get cold this year; they have. I just got back from 2 runs down Greenbrier, and the tops of the mountains are all covered in snow, which means the water temp is about to drastically drop:eek:

AJWard549
12-01-2011, 12:27 AM
think I will head to big creek just in case the road to road prong is closed. realize the fishing may not be the best, but i'm just looking forward to getting out for the day!

AL trout bum
12-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Random question, when does the rhodo usually bloom around the road prong area? I want to plan a trip up in the spring, but I want to time it so the rhodo is in bloom. How long does it bloom once started?
Thanks!
Matt