PDA

View Full Version : JoeFred Maps

BlueRaiderFan
02-16-2012, 05:27 PM
I just got a couple from him...very nice. They look good enough to frame. I can't wait to use 'em.

MadisonBoats
02-17-2012, 08:49 AM
JoeFred is a great map maker and a great person. I have met him several times and fished with his son. I stand behind his maps as guides that help fellow fly fisherman learn and discover our sport safely and with freedom. I have several of his maps and they are extremely helpful for safety, boundary, seasonal info., etc.

They are excellent quality and possess the right information for us fly fishermen.

I sure appreciate his efforts and his work!

JoeFred
02-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Dwayne & Shawn, thanks for the kind words.

Dwayne is planning a fishing trip with some military veteran friends of his. It would be their first "Smokies Mission." The least I could do in the way of saying "thanks" to them is to provide a couple of maps.

BlueRaiderFan
02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
We used to do some hella land nav back in the day together...I can see those maps leaving when they go back to Oklahoma and Missouri. They looked really accurate. Kind of like military maps but without grid coordinates. I notice a nice big sink hole next to the section of the WPLP we would be fishing...nothing like doing a little map recon before a mission. Thanks again.

mattblick
02-27-2012, 09:44 AM
JoeFred is off schedule, don't distract him! :p

swamp
02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
I just got one of joe freds maps .I can`t see how you could ask for a better map. easy to read, high quality and plenty of info for a fisherman,or hiker.It`s officially my day planner for the rest of the year.

JoeFred
02-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks!, swamp.

I'm gettin' there Matt. I'm gettin' there. :smile:

flyguys
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Joe Fred, been to your website and I must say the maps are awesome. In fact, next trip out I was given the go ahead to purchase a new flyfishing outfit and a complete set of your maps. Can't wait to use both of them. Keep up the great work!! flyguys

mattblick
02-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Joe Fred, been to your website and I must say the maps are awesome. In fact, next trip out I was given the go ahead to purchase a new flyfishing outfit and a complete set of your maps. Can't wait to use both of them. Keep up the great work!! flyguys

You guys are still distracting him!! :biggrin:

We are presently unable to accept orders as the Maps page (http://smokystreams.com/maps/index.htm) is under construction. We expect to return functionality by March 1. Our apologies for this inconvenience.
We can't order anything! :eek:

PLANNED FOR JANUARY 2012
Item 103 - Little River East (existing Item LR01 - Little River Above & Below Elkmont & new Items LR02 - Fish Camp Prong & Little River (East Prong) Headwaters & LR03 - Lower Little River & Little River at Metcalf Bottoms)
Item 104 - Little Pigeon River (existing Items LPRMP01 - Little Pigeon River & Porters Creek & Middle Prong Little Pigeon River & LPRWP01 - Lower & Upper West Prong Little Pigeon River & new Item LPRWP02 - Le Conte Creek & Roaring Fork )
Item 105 - Park East End (existing Items BC01 - Lower & Upper Big Creek, CSC01 - Cosby Creek & Indian Camp Creek & CTC01 - Cataloochee Creek & Caldwell Fork)
Item 108 - North Shore (new Items FC01 - Lower & Upper Forney Creek, EC01 - Lower & Upper Eagle Creek & HC01 - Lower & Upper Hazel Creek) (see Note 1)
PLANNED FOR FEBRUARY 2012
Item 106 - Oconaluftee River (new Items OR02 - Lower & Upper Oconaluftee River, OR03 - Lower & Upper Straight Fork & OR04 - Bradley Fork & Upper Raven Fork) (see Note 2)
Item 101 - Park West End (existing Items AC01 - Abrams Creek - Cades Cove & Little Bottoms & LTRW01 - Parson Branch - Tabcat Creek & Twentymile Creek & new Item AC02 - Abrams Creek at Abrams Gap & Lower Abrams Creek)
PLANNED FOR MARCH 2012
Item 102 - Little River West (new Items LR04 - Middle Prong Little River (Tremont) & Thunderhead Prong (incl Sams Creek), LR05 - Laurel Creek & West Prong Little River & LR06 - Lower & Upper Lynn Camp Prong) (see Note 3)

I'll be on the Little River this weekend and don't have the new LR02 and LR03 to use because someone is spending too much time on LRO Forums (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/member.php?u=3523) and, as evident on his Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/smokymountainsstreammaps), watching too much YouTube!

Is it time for "your biggest fan" to do this? :biggrin::biggrin:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2009/7/29/1248880678922/Kathy-Bates-in-Misery-199-001.jpg

JoeFred
02-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Matt, you're breaking my heart:frown:... not to mention my favorite means of transportation.:eek:

tnflyfisher
02-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Too funny...!! :biggrin:

Don't worry Matt. If I make it up there, we will find them... :cool:

Tight Lines,

mattblick
02-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Too funny...!! :biggrin:

Don't worry Matt. If I make it up there, we will find them... :cool:

Tight Lines,

Hoping you can. Actually I emailed JoeFred that he can't work on a Sunday in Lent of all times, so he should do his procrastination with us.. :smile:

JoeFred
02-29-2012, 02:37 PM
You guys are still distracting him!! :biggrin:

We can't order anything! :eek:

Is it time for "your biggest fan" to do this? :biggrin::biggrin:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2009/7/29/1248880678922/Kathy-Bates-in-Misery-199-001.jpg

Matt, I just mailed you some map JPEGs and other goodies for field testing. But, if you were to make copies for one of your kin, I just might dispatch Annie to your cabin.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Whoa! Look at the time! I'm due for a nap.:smile:

troutmanbrook
03-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Joe, I got my maps on Friday, Thank you for the kind and thoughtful gesture. The maps are really nice! :biggrin: