PDA

View Full Version : Check out these new guys

Rodonthefly
03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
http://www.pavatimarine.com/boat_models/driftboats/

One of our enginerrs at work ran across these and sent me a link. Pretty cool looking boats. I don't know about rowing one, but I do like some of the stuff that comes one them. The door idea is awsome, it gets kind of hard for this fat boy to get in and out!

MadisonBoats
03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
The door idea is very similar to mine. I really think they make a nice and innovative boat.

Trico
03-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Look like nice boats and look as they would be super tough. I have fished out of aluminum drift boats a couple of times and really don't care for them on the waters I have fished. I am certain in some real rough water they would be great. The door is real nice but aluminum in my mind is really cold in cold weather, really hot in hot weather and noisy. Looking at the floor in this boat I would think it would be real noisy. But this is only my opinion. All in all still is an interesting boat and thanks for sharing.

Knothead
03-16-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm in agreement with trico on the aluminum aspects of the boat. My first question would be how would it hold up to the rocks on the Hiwassee?

DBKSTONE2
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Pavati makes a very nice boat. When I was making a decision on a boat last summer I called and got a price sheet to have a boat built. I really liked the doors and the Kevlar coated diamond plate and wave cutter. I put together a "dream" boat and it was going to be 17K after delivery. Now granted that would be a boat that could be handed down to my children and grand kids, but ****! 17k for a boat with NO motor is an investment!! :eek: I went to the Bristol fly show to see a boat up close and pulled a brand new Clacka home for 8K total. I love it and think it is a great boat for the money. Especially for my first boat. I may save the Pavati for my retirement when I "need" the doors in the side and the 10 cup holders.:cool:

Bfish
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM
...My first question would be how would it hold up to the rocks on the Hiwassee? It holds up as good, if not better than fiberglass.

Problem with aluminum is it tends to stick to rocks, rather than slide over them.

MadisonBoats
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Pavati makes a very nice boat. When I was making a decision on a boat last summer I called and got a price sheet to have a boat built. I really liked the doors and the Kevlar coated diamond plate and wave cutter. I put together a "dream" boat and it was going to be 17K after delivery. Now granted that would be a boat that could be handed down to my children and grand kids, but ****! 17k for a boat with NO motor is an investment!! :eek: I went to the Bristol fly show to see a boat up close and pulled a brand new Clacka home for 8K total. I love it and think it is a great boat for the money. Especially for my first boat. I may save the Pavati for my retirement when I "need" the doors in the side and the 10 cup holders.:cool:

I hope to have my first model out for about half the cost of a Clacka/Hyde with the pass through doors. Trying to push some key obstacles through to get a plug built in the next year.

billyspey
03-19-2012, 10:23 PM

that clacka will last a life time, and a great choice , remember no ultimate boat they all trade off some where.