View Full Version : But I did land a nice Rainbow

03-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Fished the Holston in Blaine today with the "former forum poster known as Neal" and had a great time even though I'm battered, bruized and bleeding... took one serious digger before hooking up and a less serious but much WETTER digger on the way out.

Spose I'm getting too old for my own good..

Zillions of little black bugs and midges but few risers; Neal got two on a midge emerger so small I could barely see it without glasses.

I managed a nice rainbow dragging a size 16 bead head and dropped at least four.... had a hard time mending as my "line shoulder" got seperated last saturday.

There were other folks there and while nobody was catching a lot of fish it seemed nearly everyone got to land a fish.... and that's a nice day.

Had two caddis land on me.... it won't be long... water was surprisingly clear after the rain but only 50 degrees or so.

I turned the heat on in my truck for the wet ride home.

Randy Ratliff
03-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Glad you got out and had success!!! Yep those caddis are soon gonna pop!!!

03-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Glad you got out on the water! The challenges we each face are part of the beauty that make fly fishing so special. Love your spirit brother...

03-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey Corbo, I was there at Nance's as well, but guess I missed ya. I was there from 11:30 till 2 or so. I had my pontoon boat and fished the riffles and hooked 5 but didn't manage to land any : had one good one on for about a minute and a half,but he got away as well. One of those days.

03-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Mike; I was mostly way up about 400 yards near the stump... did see a pontoon looking thing down river for a while. It will get good soon!

If you saw a guy wearing an orange shirt up-river on the right soaking wet.... that wasn't me! LOL Lost a small box of streamers when I took the digger; bummer as I didn't get to fish them.