PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still fishing?

Dawgvet
06-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Just curious if anyone was still fishing? Haven't been many new posts lately. I know I've been itching to wet a line. What has everyone been up to?
Jed

William
06-03-2012, 03:56 PM
I had a four day weekend for memorial day and fished three of those days. Clinch river, Elkmont and Townsend were all not nearly as crowded as I expected. Caught some decent trout and missed many more.

tnflyfisher
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
This past weekend I caught a 42" gar on the fly while out hunting for smallies. Does that count..?? :biggrin:

Tight Lines,

77punk
06-06-2012, 01:10 PM
my daughter, some friends(non fly fishers) and i spent the weekend on citico. had a good time except i caught more chiggers than trout. that stream was a bit humbling... i can't wait to go back now that i know i need the special stamp only if i fish the mainstream. i saw an inviting tributary i have to go try.

Realtyman
06-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Warmwater smallmouth. Tailwaters are a zoo. I love the intimacy and privacy of small creeks and river smallies where I can fish all day and never see another person.

David Knapp
06-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Just a little fishing close to home for me. Hoping to branch out a little more over the next two weekends including what I hope will be the first of several backpacking trips for the summer! Fishing has been good on local streams and lakes for bass and panfish...