PDA

View Full Version : eating out

surfdog
05-20-2013, 08:11 PM
did not know where to put this, Looking for advice on eating out in g-burg.
We have visited 3 times and have only 1 place in g-burg we would go back to.[not going to name it to see if someone else likes it]
saw a bbq spot on the way back from lro,I think in wears valley[?] is that any good? we like all kinds of food and don't mind paying if it is worth it [ie bubba gump, not worth it] mom and pop outside of town,good food

JoeFred
05-20-2013, 09:27 PM
surfdog, if you haven't seen it before you might want to check out Crockett's thread "Where do you eat on the way to fish the park (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14435)" from a couple of years back. I compiled the suggestions and grouped by towns in post #49.
– JF

surfdog
05-21-2013, 04:58 PM
thanks for the link joeFred, lots of info not enough time to sample all

Hal M
05-21-2013, 09:26 PM
There is a neat little restaurant in Townsend its called the Firfly nest to Dollar General. We were there last week the food was great and the folks were friendly and a really nice place. Many locals eat there.

Hal M

bigsur
05-22-2013, 10:47 AM
You have not lived until you have had a chili slaw dog from the Phillips 66 station in Townsend after crawling ou of the water. No shirt or shoes required!;)

buzzmcmanus
05-22-2013, 08:49 PM
You have not lived until you have had a chili slaw dog from the Phillips 66 station in Townsend after crawling ou of the water. No shirt or shoes required!;)
Yep, them things are famous. As for g-burg, I avoid the place like the plaque. My only experience with eating there is that I killed a pitcher of margaritas on the porch at No Way Jose's. I assume they were good. I do have plenty of friends that like to eat at The Peddler. You get to choose how big of a steak they cut for you.

flyred06
05-22-2013, 09:47 PM
down in pf the chop house, damons, bennetts bbq. in gb I cant really suggest anything. in townsend there is a steak and seafood place that i cant remember the name of that is real good down from lro

duckypaddler
05-23-2013, 07:40 AM
down in pf the chop house, damons, bennetts bbq. in gb I cant really suggest anything. in townsend there is a steak and seafood place that i cant remember the name of that is real good down from lro

While I like Bennetts and Chop House:smile:, I will have to say Damon's was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had:eek:. Didn't think Grilled BBQ chicken could be screwed up, but they proved me wrong. That should be on the list of places to avoid.

Grannyknot
05-23-2013, 10:45 AM
bhrt & grouseman turned me on to this place....
http://www.fox-and-parrot.com/index.shtml
convenient to the greenbriar park entrance.

I occasionally stop at the IGA hot bar in Townsend, but it is very hit or miss. like big whiffer miss.

flyred06
05-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Pigeon forge also has carino's and bull fish grill

SmokyMt4runner
05-23-2013, 08:10 PM
After spending many years in the F&B industry in gburg...

There is only a few i will personally eat at.

Peddler....Dinner

Cherokee Grill...Dinner

Hilton Garden inn...Breakfast buffet

Best Italian...Lunch only.

Other than that....i would rather starve.