PDA

View Full Version : Props to TVA

waterwolf
06-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Normally I only criticize, so for a change of pace I will offer a compliment.

TVA has surprised me and managed the weir repair water schedules as well as possible in my opinion. I was worried they would shut the Clinch off completely and jeopardize the entire fishery, but they have adjusted and are running a schedule which spares most of the river from possibly warming to dangerous temps.

Ironically in an era where govt is totally out of control and seemingly dysfunctional. TVA has shown a rare glimpse that they can function properly and take multiple aspects into consideration.

MadisonBoats
06-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Normally I only criticize, so for a change of pace I will offer a compliment.

TVA has surprised me and managed the weir repair water schedules as well as possible in my opinion. I was worried they would shut the Clinch off completely and jeopardize the entire fishery, but they have adjusted and are running a schedule which spares most of the river from possibly warming to dangerous temps.

Ironically in an era where govt is totally out of control and seemingly dysfunctional. TVA has shown a rare glimpse that they can function properly and take multiple aspects into consideration.

Jim,
I agree! They have done a fabulous job on this project from my perspective. Heck; even their work-staging area is clean and neat. I think it was very wise of them to en-fence the weir parking area and to thwart traffic in that area. Great job and I hope things continue to go well. It looks like they have made some time up very fast due to the weather setbacks a month ago.

To the TVA Team; thanks for the great work! Most of all, be safe and watch out for each other!

JoeFred
06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Good posts, waterwolf and Shawn.
JF