PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up No Rec Schedule Sunday on Clinch

Tippet
07-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Clinch will be discharging and not doing the normal recreation schedule Sunday. Even though these flows stink, I must say TVA has done an incredible job keeping water out of homes and businesses. Its amazing how well they have everything controlled from a flood standpoint.

MadisonBoats
07-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Yeah, that is what I assumed or that they would be running 1 from 10, then 2+ from 11 on the rest of the day. I know they made some considerations for the Veteran's Event today that probably disrupted some of their runoff needs. However; I am very glad and appreciative of this consideration and I gladly give up a low-flow Sunday for this event.

TVA needs to create a central water pipeline to the SouthWest similar to the oil pipelines. Then sell them water when they need it or when we have it.:biggrin:

Sandman
07-13-2013, 04:04 PM
I met a representative from TVA today at Miller's Island. I thanked him for allowing the low flows today to honor our wounded vets. I thought that TVA was very gracious for allowing the longer no generation time today.

MadisonBoats
07-14-2013, 06:32 AM
I met a representative from TVA today at Miller's Island. I thanked him for allowing the low flows today to honor our wounded vets. I thought that TVA was very gracious for allowing the longer no generation time today.

Agreed! It is a cause well worth the effort and considerations of operations.