PDA

View Full Version : contemplating October visit

jross
08-16-2013, 08:34 AM
a few years ago my in laws had booked my family a short stay in October. My grandma passed away right before then so we didn't make it. My in-laws went and said it was horribly busy in the Gatlinburg/Nat. Park area. They'r apprehensive to try it again to say the least
SO.... what do you all say? can I have a 4 day trip in October that won't be a miserable crowd fighting experience? Is the fishing crowded too?

buzzmcmanus
08-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Jeremy,

Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge will be a miserable crowded experience. Fishing will be awesome. I would lie to the in-laws and tell them that the world has lost interest in the leaves and the crowds are not bad.

Call or text me when you come down. I usually hang the bow up and fish a couple days in October. It's just an awesome time to be on the water. I may even let you outfish me.......again.

jross
08-16-2013, 10:47 AM
:biggrin:

I'll be in touch, we gotta make plans soon so I'll definately let you know.

If we get into the mountains are we safer from crowds or worse off? What about hiking? or biking at Cades Cove?

PeteCz
08-19-2013, 10:37 AM
The roads will be crowded in October, no doubt about that. But 95% of all people don't seem to ever leave the blacktop. And 99% of all visitors don't venture more than a 1/2 mile from their car. Its amazing how much solitude you can find in such a busy park, you just need to hike a mile or two (or more) away from the road and you'll be into some great fishing. October is a great time to be on the water in the Park.

yonder
08-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Pete is spot on.........just do a little hiking..........:smile: