PDA

View Full Version : Can I fish tomorrow in the snow and catch anything?

HuskerFlyFisher
11-11-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm flying over to TN right now for a quick trip; will be staying in Cosby and I have maybe 3-4 hours of daylight tomorrow to fish, but it's supposed to snow. I was thinking about just hiking up Cosby Creek!

Can you still catch fish in the snow? If so, what should I use?

THANK YOU!

NDuncan
11-11-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm sure it's possible. Don't expect too much in terms of numbers. I'd use a lot of patience...:rolleyes: Deep nymphs? and be careful!

David Knapp
11-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Go throw some streamers on LR...

chechem
11-12-2013, 08:39 AM
At least you'll have your choice of fishing locations. :biggrin:

Have fun.

MadisonBoats
11-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Snow should not be a problem. However; the wind and leaves in the water will give you fits. I hope you get to fish and make it out safely.

narcodog
11-12-2013, 10:32 AM
I have fished in the snow several times and have always caught fish. I would use a small black stone fly. Also some ph and grhe. They seem to work well.

No Hackle
11-12-2013, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't hesitate to fish. It can be really good on an overcast snowy day. Be careful with the wind though. If you hit it right it can be pretty easy fishing with more people at home than on the stream.
Fish two nymphs. A larger one like a big stone and maybe a pheasant tail off the back. Good luck.
Lynn

flyman
11-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Be careful, felt and snow & ice don't mix well:eek: I wouldn't get too far from the vehicle, and be sure to take a change of cloths in case you get wet. I think it's important this time of year to be a little more cautious than usual.

HuskerFlyFisher
11-13-2013, 07:11 AM
Well guys, no fishing. It was just too rainy and cold. Sat next to the fire and played some online blackjack. :biggrin:

The water flows appear a bit down - or was that just me?

chechem
11-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Well guys, no fishing. It was just too rainy and cold. Sat next to the fire and played some online blackjack. :biggrin:

The water flows appear a bit down - or was that just me?

Wait for it..... :biggrin:

flyman01
11-13-2013, 11:09 AM
I am not a person who likes to fish when it is snowing but I have to admit, the best outing I ever had was on a snowy day. Two years ago, very early in the spring on the SoHo, it started to snow and there was an epic hatch of small BWOs that went on for hours; we caught an insane number of quality fish during that hatch. You just never know.