PDA

View Full Version : Are there trout in Mill Creek?

Bill M.
11-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Fished it for a while last week. Got one hit but I did not see what it was.

2weightfavorite
11-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Are you referring to the creek behind the mill in cades cove? If so then yes there are trout in it. Its simply the upper end of Abrams creek. Up behind the mill there are tons of small bows...and bears..and copperheads in the summer..

NDuncan
12-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Are you referring to the creek behind the mill in cades cove? If so then yes there are trout in it. Its simply the upper end of Abrams creek. Up behind the mill there are tons of small bows...and bears..and copperheads in the summer..

Actually Mill Creek Splits off of Abrams...

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/Nathan_Duncan/Abrams.png

Don Kirk
12-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Back in the 1990s when I was visiting Joe Manley who was a ranger in the GSMNP in the 1930 (a forester to be more correct), he told me that he helped King put cutthroat trout in Mill Creek. Is it true or possible? Who knows as the DNA of rainbow is pretty much scrambled eggs.

Touring the Le Conte Center in Pigeon Forge to help map out the set up for the Southern Trout/Wilderness Wildlife Week Fly Fishing Fair on February 1st. It is coming together much better than I thought it would. It is shaping up to be a real eye opener. I will tell more once I scope out the facility where they are letting us set up. They have already printed brochures for it, and their coverage of the event was quite lavish.

Rob Johnson
12-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Plenty of trout in Mill Creek. Slower water than most of the streams in the Smokies. When my wife wants to stop a the visitor"s center, I fish it and usually catch a nice one. It is better fishing upstream where Forge creek comes in.