PDA

View Full Version : tremont 2-15

2weightfavorite
02-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Hit tremont up by the institute sat. Started around 8 45 and dredged the bottom with nymphs and shot for about 3 hours. With three of us fishing not a single bite was had. We fished pockets and pools that in the past were productive winter time spots. We threw lots of patters from tellicos, pheasant tails, copper johns, to stone flies...it made no difference...

So not wanting to accept defeat we headed into Townsend to fish for stockers. The stocked fish were much more willing to bite and we landed 7 in all, with a few misses thrown in as well. Oddle enough some of the fish looked fresh off the truck with no fins and pale colors. I will say that we did catch 2 large fish. One about 16 inches and one about 18. The 18 incher had beautiful colors and nice full fins. After a couple hours however the belly deep pools and shivering got the better of us and we called it a day... a successful day

Stonefly
02-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Way to go. Sounds better than sitting here watching the Olympics.

steve

softhackle
02-17-2014, 10:54 AM
With over a foot of snow on the ground another 3-6" on the way I'm glad that you can least get out. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your report.

duckypaddler
02-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks for a report:smile:

Any day where you are able to talk yourself out of staying home and get out there is a success in my opinion;)

Glad the stockers were able to give you some redemption:biggrin:

chechem
02-18-2014, 08:11 AM
Will winter ever end?? :redface:

Thanks for the thread!