PDA

View Full Version : Why are there always fishermen at Greenbrier and 321?

HuskerFlyFisher
03-10-2014, 08:42 PM
As I was driving to Cosby today, I passed over Greenbier, and sure enough, I looked to the left, OUTSIDE of the park, and there are 3 fishermen together there.

I'm guessing there must be some monsters right there because every time I pass, there are fishermen in there. But what's weird is it is outside of the park, and not exactly private with a highway 50 yards away.

Is the Loch Ness in there?:biggrin:

2weightfavorite
03-10-2014, 09:00 PM
That's a major stock in location....they stocked it for last weekend....no monsters just pellet heads...

HuskerFlyFisher
03-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Gotcha.

One of the locals here told me those stockers taste some kind of nasty.

Can anyone verify?

Backtrax
03-10-2014, 11:01 PM
A freshly stocked trout tastes like fish pellets to me and the flesh is kinda mushy and watery. I am not sure how long it takes for a fish on a natural diet to lose the pellet taste but I am guessing it would take several months.

77punk
03-19-2014, 01:13 PM
I used to frequent that hole, and many like it further downstream back in the baitin days. There are some nice trout in that stream, holdovers as well as brood stock. I have landed several over 18" dredging those holes. The one near the bridge was usually the least of those spots since the house sits one one side you have to wade out to it. One day I pulled up and found three guys packed in the spot fly fishing, with what I can only assume was a guide sitting on bank in a chair coaching them.

2weightfavorite
03-19-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm. Not too ashamed to say that every now and again I'll fish below the park boundary on that river...I've caught some very nice hold overs miles below that bridge.