PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hatch of the Year!

Rockyraccoon
01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey Folks!

Well, a new year is apon us and that means natures clock has been reset and it's ticking. As the days pass away and the year grows older....our hatches will be coming and going. For those of us who fish the mountains and certain tailwaters, our hatch spectrum is quite large, including caddis, mayflies, stoneflies, midges, and terrestrials.

What hatch would you rather be walking through barbed wire than miss?

It's a toss up for me. On the Hiwassee, our hatches run the full gambit around the calender. But I'd have to say my favorite hatches start in late May with our first sulphurs, then it runs into isonychias in June. Our isonychias hatch out through September. These have to be my favorites on my home water.

RuningWolf
01-26-2006, 12:06 AM
sulphurs but now it is mostly then d--- midges on the Clinch

David Knapp
01-26-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm not sure if I would call it my favorite but those October Caddis sure are a lot of fun!!! I enjoy the Yellow Sallies also since they last so long. Midges are great on the tailwaters...ahhh, so many to choose from. :P

David Knapp

Hawgdaddy
01-27-2006, 10:37 AM
My favorite is the Adams Hatch. Lol. I read that in a John Geirach book once. I guess that pretty much describes it for me during much of the summer. The fish seem to think the Adams are hatching any way.

hawgdaddy