PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

yankeedave
01-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Stumbled across this sight while looking for info on my first trip to the Park for some April dry fly action...

A little backround info... originally from PA... now I'm active duty AF stationed in middle GA...

Can't wait for April, and brook trout!

Thanks for the great site, and kind service when I called...

Paula Begley
01-26-2006, 09:33 PM
YankeeDave - Welcome to the board...and thank you for your service to our country... ;)

PA is a great place to be from originally - hope you fly fished while there...

Look forward to meeting you when you come in April - a great time to fish in the Smoky's

Paula

bamafisherlady
01-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Hey there,

If I am not mistaken, I think there is some provision in Tennessee for active duty service members to get a reduced rate(?) on their fishing license or some such thing if you are on leave and have the leave papers with you. I just remember seeing something about it, but can't remember the specific details. The yearly out of state license is high, so you might want to check it out.

Anyway, enjoy your fishing- it's a great place up in the Smokies. Thanks for your service to our country.

Byron Begley
01-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the board Yankeedave. I have done a lot of fishing in PA. Love it up there. Hope to see you here in the Smokies. Byron :)