PDA

View Full Version : here on vacation

flyway
04-19-2006, 10:44 PM
we are staying at the rustling pines cabins (near cades cove and maryville), I know I should have done this sooner but I did not think I would be this serious about fishing while I was here. I plan on fishing thurs. evening and friday morning. I am from the gulf coast of Texas and have never fly fished in this situation. I am pretty much a beginner w/ the fly rod, but brought an ultra light spinning reel. I just want to experience fishing here since all I have really done is saltwater and big lake bass fishing. I know this is late notice but does anyone have any suggestions. I tried to tell myself that I would not enjoy this type of fishing but driving by all the fisherman and water today, I don't think I could go home without trying it.

thanks for your responses.......

flyway
04-19-2006, 11:13 PM
I would also be interested in a guide for friday morning if anyone knows of one that has availability and is reasonable ($).

bamafly
04-20-2006, 08:04 AM
flyway - you should go by Little River Outfitters today in Townsend. They will fix you up with gear and send you in the right direction. Even if you dont buy gear they will still send you in the right direction.

flyway
04-20-2006, 09:00 AM
thanks for your reply, I plan on going by there today.
I went by little river outfitters today, they were very helpful, I had a decent first trip this evening but plan on hitting hard in the morning.