PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Caney Fork

Caneybuff
04-21-2006, 07:55 PM
While seeking info about Smoky Mtn fly fishing, I found this board today and have to give it a happy thumbs up! *Amazing stuff. *Though I often fish tailwaters, since I live on one of the best (my opinion) *I seldom get on a wild stream. *Will be camping and fishing in Townsend this weekend while friends and wife are wild flower hiking. *Plan to stop in the shop for advice and flies, and looking forward to being there. *

Tight lines all, and thanks for being here,
Dan

David Knapp
04-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the board. *So you live on the Caney Fork? *That is REALLY awesome!!! I definately agree that it is a great place to fish. *I live up in Crossville when I'm not in college and get down that way as often as possible. *It is definately a fun river as long as they don't generate too often >:(! *Anyway, good luck on your Smokies trip and be sure and post a report for us that can't get all the way over there this weekend! 8-)

David Knapp

stretch
04-22-2006, 03:04 AM
Good to see you over here CB, maybe I'll run into you this weekend.

Byron Begley
04-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Welcome to the board and site. I used to fish the Caney every week when I lived in Nashville. I love it. I live in Townsend now and haven't fished the Caney in probably fifteen years. I need to get over that way again.

Byron