PDA

View Full Version : My first Little Rvr Brown (that I can remember)

Leinart
05-01-2006, 05:32 PM
http://web.utk.edu/~freeman/trout

WVFlyer
05-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Leinart, good job and a nice picture. When looking at the picture I recalled my first ever LR brown trout.
I packed up some camping gear and stayed in Elkmont campground, this was in 2002. First day out and not far from the campground I caught the brown on a Hare's ear nymph. I to carry a small camera and I eased the beauty upon the bank and took a photo next to my flyrod. I have a small photo album of fish I have caught, this picture is the first one I go to when folks want to see my pictures. I have pictures of largemouth and smallmouth in there, but this by far the smallest the prettiest fish in the album.

Take care and again, good job..... ;)

appalachian angler
05-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Nice brownie! It's even sweeter when caught on cane!

AA

David Knapp
05-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Now there's a good lookin' fish! Congrats!!!

russ
05-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Wow!, that is a great looking fis for your first one ;D. How big was he, 10"?

Leinart
05-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

re: size. The Brown measured 13 and 63/64th inches. If I could have gotten him to exhale a little and straighten my measuring tape he would have hit exactly 14 inches even. I actually measured him with the tape extended beside him, but in my excitement I got too close and the picture is badly blurred. :(

re: cane rod. Yep! Nice of you to notice! That is my Earl Taylor 3 pc 7'9" 4/5 wt. SUGAR Cane! :)

re: fly. The Brown took a 16 BH Pheasant Tail. 6x tippet

re: where. Metcalf Bottoms