PDA

View Full Version : Little River below the park and smallmouth

seppala
05-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know what kind of access is on the Little River below the Park? I've been wanting to fish for some smallies, but I don't know if most of the land along the river is private or fishable.

Thanks in advance.

Jay
05-02-2006, 02:50 PM
I have been useing some of the pull offs on old Walland highway, which runs down the opposite side of the river from 321. I don't really know if these are public or private so I only use the ones that look like they recieve a lot of use. By the way I caught 8 in 3 hours on Saturday includeing a 4 pounder, plus a 19'' rainbow.Now is the time to start chaseing the smallies. Man I love Smallmouth!

flyfishertoo
05-02-2006, 08:54 PM
I will be down that way in about 3 weeks. I will be staying in a "cabin" on the river and around the area of 321 and Foothills Parkway so that sounds fantastic. What did you catch the Smallmouth on?

Backcountry FF
05-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I was trying to get into some of those smallies below Townsend yesterday but the water was too high. I looked at several of the pulloffs, but the water looked as though it would be pretty deep even if we were not in the middle of a rain event. Is the stretch of river below Townsend conducive at all to wading if the water levels are normal?

I had to fish from the bank and could not get a roll cast out to where I wanted with heavy streamers. :-[

titeloop
06-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi,
Do you need a trout stamp for fishing this area for smallmouth? I know it sounds duhhhhh but most of us also have trout flies etc. with us.
Bob