PDA

View Full Version : Blue gill flies

hoosier troutbum
05-10-2006, 07:12 PM
It is that time of year when those fiesty fish make for fast and furious fun on the flyrod (not to mention a feast on the table). I was wondering what everyones favorite blue gill fly is? I like rubber legged spiders and black gnats.

UTKFlyFisher
05-11-2006, 01:28 AM
I definately go with Chartreuse poppin bugs.

hoosier troutbum
05-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the replys, I just now had time to check the message board. The blue gills were starting to get active till this cool weather set in and it sort of shut em down. I have'nt had time to fish this past week or so anyhow so I guess I don't know what I was missing. If anybody can remember what that fly was that you got at the fly tyers weekend let me know it sounds like a good one. Also who had that book on the blue gills? Thanks, *KIM

dailey624
07-25-2006, 03:23 PM
i like using either a green weenie or a pheasant tail nymph or in late evenings i go with a parachute adams dry fly :)

buckeyetrouter
07-25-2006, 06:58 PM
We fish an upland reservior here in NW Ohio. I just finished tying a few green weenies for my trip to GSMNP next week and took the kayak onto the resevior to try them. The gills loved them, thinking they should be called Giller Killer in this neck of the woods......

Buckeyetrouter