PDA

View Full Version : WAter levels & "PM"

Kodak
05-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi LRO: I'm new to this & think you are doing a great job.

I have a couple of questions. What do you consider a "safe" water level for an older, inexperienced wader?

Also what do the terms "PM" mean when you say "PM me" and what are the symbles above all the faces for and how do you use them?

I'm now able to take up fishing again and look forward to coming in to LRO real soon and do some serious shopping and visiting with you.

Thanks for all you do. Kodak

David Knapp
05-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Hello there Kodak and welcome to the board! "PM" stands for private message which you can send to any board member personally.

As for safe wading levels, here is a quote from this LRO page http://www.littleriveroutfitters.com/pages/fishing/streamcond.htm:
"Gauge Readings below 1.4 are considered very low and reading above 2.75 are considered high. Readings over 3.0 can cause fishing to be difficult and dangerous. *Note these are estimations. ALWAYS use extreme caution and judgement while wading in any stream. Stream flows are estimated and Little River Outfitters does not guarantee accuracy.*"

I hope this helps you!

David Knapp

Kodak
05-13-2006, 11:28 PM
8-)Thanks David: I will make a note of these & keep a close eye on the LRO reports.

Jim Eastman