PDA

View Full Version : booking a trip soon! wheres the best water in Tenn

over
05-17-2006, 08:46 PM
I am coming down there in June. I need help narrowing down my choices. I am considering the Clinch mostly because it is closest to IL where i am from. If there are better waters PLEASE let me know, thanks
Over

tennswede
05-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but S. Holston, Wautaga, should be about the same distance to IL? Clinch is good but definitely not the only place to go. If you are interested in mountain fishing you got a lifetime to fish them all and then some.

kmills
05-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Hiwassee, Trophy section, Reliance, TN; Abrams Creek in Cades Cove (GSMNP); Little River GSMNP; Bald and North River, Cherokee National Forest.... too many rivers;not enough time.

RFowler
05-22-2006, 08:43 PM
When exacty are you going to be down here, Over? If it's late June then you will catch the good sulfur hatches on the South Holston. That is definitely something you wouldn't want to miss. As these other guys have pointed out, there are many options for a good time but this particular hatch and river would be my top pick. Get in touch with Randy Ratliff through this website. If you go with Randy and don't have a good time then I'll pay for your trip myself. Seriously.

kylemc
05-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey over, R fowler is right that is something you DEFINATELY don't want to miss!!
and Randy is the man for the job!!

Kyle

Oh yhea there are already some coming off sporadicaly