PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SW Ohio

18inchbrown
06-01-2006, 01:10 PM
I am new to the board but not to LRO. I get down to the Smokies about once/year and I always stop in at the LRO. Purchase via mail order and I just tried out my Scott 3 wt , E2 thet LRO sold me. My home waters are the Mad River and the Little Miami (Smallmouth). Like most of you I dream about calling the Smokies my home waters.

Randy Ratliff
06-01-2006, 08:46 PM

pineman19
06-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Hello,

I am from the Lima, Ohio area. Caught my first trout on the Mad River near the ski area when it used to be a put-n-take rainbow stream. I was able to get back that way during the first week of May, and had a pretty good day on the Mad at West Liberty and further downstream near Urbana. I was surprised to catch 2 rainbows at W. Liberty as I didn't think they stocked them anymore, only brown trout. I always enjoyed fishing the Mad, and canoeing on it as well. This was the first time I had caught trout with a fly rod there, as I was a spin fisherman until after I left Ohio in 1998. Hopefully, it won't be another 8 years before I get to fish the Mad. I am trying to move closer to home so I can visit my family more often and do more stream fishing for trout and smallmouth.

Neal